View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banetank
Alt
Forum Witch

Forum Witch

re: maixmizing your dps!

The people who read this probably already do this, or at least some of it, the people who really need it probably wont even read it.

I just spent an hour going over my hunter's logs and comparing them to rogerbrown (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20221/latest/#boss=1706) the hunter/raid leader for method (#1-2 guild in the world). 

i then logged on my hunter and matched his spec, swapped talents in and out while testing on the target dummy trying to maximize my dps to see which did most damage.  now this only tells me what would be good on fights such as butcher, but that was the logs i looked at.  I also know target dummy isnt the same as being in a raid, but it gives you a good idea if one talent is far superior to another.

I figured out that my logs closely match his, except for he uses focusing shot, which i dont because of moving in and out.  I learned the other night by comparing these logs that i was letting explosive shot sit to long and not using it on CD like i was suppose to be.  i also learned that i was using explosive trap to much (which coincidentally was why i was letting explosive shot sit lol). Now i know that was a minor dps increase, but some of you will find that by doing this you can majorly increase your dps by doing this.

now like i said the ones who need this most probably wont even look at this, but it's here anyway.

Athyyra
High Warlord
Forum Witch

Forum Witch

I just looked at Drquyn from Method, the only thing that that guy is doing that I'm not is throwing in ES into his rotation (I'm not because not specced for it but I  think I'll spec it just to take a look). Aside from that the only reason I'm not getting bigger numbers comes down to gear, namely, that mythic mace off ko'ragh. I'd like to get Kor'agh down in heroic just to have a shot at that hammer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banetank
Alt
Forum Witch

Forum Witch

were doing heroic tonight so maybe tonight will be your night :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hellz Fury Forum Index -> Damage Dealing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: